• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

SlimDX With Direct2D and Direct3D11

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 hawksprite   Members   -  Reputation: 124

0Likes

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:32 PM

So i'm learning SlimDX in C# and have come across a problem.

The main window was being rendered in DX 11 and is working fine, but then I decided to write a HUD class that would use Direct2D.

However when everything is rendered it just rapidly flickers between what Direct2D is rendering and the Direct X 11 window. Is there something i'm supposed to be doing with the rendering targets to meld these together?

Sponsor:

#2 MJP   Moderators   -  Reputation: 11736

0Likes

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:08 PM

D2D and D3D11 interop is actually a huge pain in the ass, since D2D uses a D3D10.1 device and not a D3D11 device. This link provides a high-level overview.

There have actually been a lot of threads about this in the DirectX forum...you should try searching through there to see if you can dig up anything else specific to SlimDX (and you should probably also post threads like these in that forum Posted Image )

#3 hawksprite   Members   -  Reputation: 124

0Likes

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:17 AM

Didn't notice there was a Direct X board, thanks.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS