• Create Account

Pygame for browser?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 rammbhat   Members   -  Reputation: 103

0Likes

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:29 PM

Hi all,
This is my first post here, so some background about myself. I am a fairly experienced C programmer and have been working on developing storage OS kernels,specifically RAID stuff. I also have a fair amount of knowledge in python. I have however always been passionate about gaming and wanted to give it a shot. I've decided I'd try out simple concepts first using pygame. However, Ultimately I want to be able to build a decent browser game with a couple of other folks. Wondering if Pygame has a browser pluggable component (maybe hosted on appengine?) . If not then what else could I look into? Python based stuff would be good as I think not having to learn the language would speed up the whole learning curve.

Thanks!

Sponsor:

#2 LorenzoGatti   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2586

0Likes

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:37 AM

No way, unless you take bizarre and inefficient paths like running a Python interpreter in the browser as a plugin or translated to Javascript wholesale (Emscripten or something of the sort). You have to choose between using PyGame and making a web game.

However, you can use Python for the server component behind a Javascript/HTML web client; if it's a multiplayer game, the server component is going to be the interesting and important part.
Produci, consuma, crepa

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS