• Create Account

Financial Aid Suggestions

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 NewBreed117   Members   -  Reputation: 416

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:56 PM

OK, so this is probably stupid question, but I am learning to program...slowly but surly. My question is: What job is a good job to get to sustain me while I learn to program. I just need to know you might think would be great financial aid, while im learning to program ( so that I can make a video game). Thank you in advance for your comments!

Sponsor:

#2 Acotoz   Members   -  Reputation: 73

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:30 PM

Well, anything that doesn't involve anything illegal or criminal. Waiter, at a walmart, walgreens, data entry position. software tester. bartender, DJ, mechanic, cashier and what not

Good luck

#3 Paul Franzen   Members   -  Reputation: 334

Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:28 AM

When do you find yourself most alert and productive? If you're looking for a part-time job, I'd suggest finding one that would keep you busy during your NON-peak hours, if that makes sense. For example, if you're a night owl who gets most of his best coding done after hours, find an easy, mindless job you can do during the day; if you work best in the morning before lunch, find a job you can do after lunch. Something to make sure you don't waste your best hours at a job that's not helping you further your career in a meaningful way.

Life in the Dorms -- comedic point-and-click adventure game out now for Xbox Live Indie Games!

My portfolio: http://paulfranzen.wordpress.com/

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS