• Create Account

Help Making a Menu Screen (CoronaSDK)

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Landon Patmore   Members   -  Reputation: 107

-1Likes

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:10 PM

Hi all,

I need help making a menu for my game that I am developing.

I am using CoronaSDK to develop this game.

I am fairly new to coding in LUA. I have the basics down and I am getting a book from my local library to learn the full "jist" of the language, but I won't be able to get there until next week and I have made a deadline for my menu to be made, and the deadline is on Thursday.

I have the whole UI drawn out on paper. All I need to know is how to make a Play button to go the levels selection menu. Then how to make a High Scores button to go to a page that has all the High Scores on a separate screen. Finally, an Options button to obviously go to a Options screen.

If you can, can you show me also on how to make the screen for the Options screen for sound to be adjusted, and also to put in like info on who made the game and copyright info.

Also I am developing for both Android and iOS, so because some of the code is different, could you please give both because I know some code doesn't work on both platforms.

Sorry that I am asking for a lot of info, but I just want to understand how to do it, and so that I could apply it in the future.

Thanks!

~Landon

Sponsor:

#2 Ashaman73   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 6753

0Likes

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:46 PM

but I won't be able to get there until next week and I have made a deadline for my menu to be made, and the deadline is on Thursday.

Hmm.. is it your deadline or a given deadline (i.e. homework)? If it is yours, I would rethink your planning approach, learning to drive after participating in a car racing isn't the cleverest idea...

Also I am developing for both Android and iOS, so because some of the code is different, could you please give both because I know some code doesn't work on both platforms.

Posted Image

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS