• Create Account

DX11 software mode.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
25 replies to this topic

#21 Bacterius   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 8947

0Likes

Posted 15 July 2012 - 07:44 PM

WARP isn't a debugging tool, it's intended to be deployed. So I'm pretty sure you don't need to install the SDK to use it.

Indeed it is part of the D3D runtime - my mistake. Thanks MJP.

The slowsort algorithm is a perfect illustration of the multiply and surrender paradigm, which is perhaps the single most important paradigm in the development of reluctant algorithms. The basic multiply and surrender strategy consists in replacing the problem at hand by two or more subproblems, each slightly simpler than the original, and continue multiplying subproblems and subsubproblems recursively in this fashion as long as possible. At some point the subproblems will all become so simple that their solution can no longer be postponed, and we will have to surrender. Experience shows that, in most cases, by the time this point is reached the total work will be substantially higher than what could have been wasted by a more direct approach.

- Pessimal Algorithms and Simplexity Analysis

Sponsor:

#22 _Flame1_   Members   -  Reputation: 99

0Likes

Posted 16 July 2012 - 04:42 AM

Yes. It's not good if it will be nessesary to install DirectX SDK but it's alright.
Ok, here is my code.

D3D_DRIVER_TYPE driver = D3D_DRIVER_TYPE_REFERENCE;
D3D11CreateDevice(pAdapter, driver, 0, 0, 0, 0, D3D11_SDK_VERSION, &pDevice, NULL, NULL );

Also i've tried D3D_DRIVER_TYPE_WARP. And i have HRESULT - 0x80070057(The parameter is incorrect. ) all time.
Yes, i have installed latest DirectX Sdk.

#23 Hodgman   Moderators   -  Reputation: 30415

1Likes

Posted 16 July 2012 - 04:47 AM

Maybe you need the other 2 out params to not be NULL?
D3D_FEATURE_LEVEL level = 0;
ID3D11DeviceContext* pContext = 0;
D3D_DRIVER_TYPE driver = D3D_DRIVER_TYPE_REFERENCE;
D3D11CreateDevice(pAdapter, driver, 0, 0, 0, 0, D3D11_SDK_VERSION, &pDevice, &level, &pContext );
[Edit] Also, did you see this restriction? It implies that pAdapter should be NULL for a reference driver.

If you set the pAdapter parameter to a non-NULL value, you must also set the DriverType parameter to the D3D_DRIVER_TYPE_UNKNOWN value.

Edited by Hodgman, 16 July 2012 - 04:54 AM.

#24 _Flame1_   Members   -  Reputation: 99

0Likes

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:16 AM

Thanks. D3D_DRIVER_TYPE_REFERENCE is working now with NULL adapter.

But i can't create swap chain now.
The function CreateSwapChain returns error - 0x887A0001(DXGI_ERROR_INVALID_CALL).

Also i can't run my application with WARP.
D3D_DRIVER_TYPE driver = D3D_DRIVER_TYPE_WARP;
D3D11CreateDevice(0, driver, 0, 0, 0, 0, D3D10_SDK_VERSION, &pDevice, NULL, NULL );
I have an error "The parameter is incorrect" again.

Edited by _Flame1_, 16 July 2012 - 06:00 AM.

#25 _Flame1_   Members   -  Reputation: 99

0Likes

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:01 AM

Any ideas? Firstly i invoke D3D11CreateDevice and secondly IDXGIFactory->CreateSwapChain;

My SwapChainDescription is quite simple.

DXGI_SWAP_CHAIN_DESC sd;
ZeroMemory( &sd, sizeof( sd ) );
sd.BufferCount = 1;
sd.BufferDesc.Width = 640;
sd.BufferDesc.Height = 480;
sd.BufferDesc.Format = DXGI_FORMAT_R8G8B8A8_UNORM;
sd.BufferDesc.RefreshRate.Numerator = 60;
sd.BufferDesc.RefreshRate.Denominator = 1;
sd.BufferUsage = DXGI_USAGE_RENDER_TARGET_OUTPUT;
sd.OutputWindow = g_hWnd;
sd.SampleDesc.Count = 1;
sd.SampleDesc.Quality = 0;
sd.Windowed = TRUE;

I took it from msdn example.

#26 _Flame1_   Members   -  Reputation: 99

0Likes

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:11 AM

Turns out that it's impossible to create ref device and after that create a swap chain. Only D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain works properly with ref device. It must be bug of DirectX.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS