• Create Account

How to get permission to use graphics when..

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
7 replies to this topic

#1 Rich76   Members   -  Reputation: 178

0Likes

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:09 PM

I want to get permission to use graphics from an old 2D game. The company went bankrupt and out of business in 2001. Where do I go from here?

Thank you

Sponsor:

#2 Tom Sloper   Moderators   -  Reputation: 9601

4Likes

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:25 PM

1. Somebody definitely still owns that IP. Find out who, and get permission.
2. Failing #1, don't use those graphics. Use other graphics with permission, or create something original.
-- Tom Sloper
Sloperama Productions
Making games fun and getting them done.
www.sloperama.com

Please do not PM me. My email address is easy to find, but note that I do not give private advice.

#3 Rich76   Members   -  Reputation: 178

0Likes

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:32 PM

2. Absolutely.

I have no idea how to find that person or company. Looks like I'm going to have to do a lot of digging.

Thank you very much

#4 Rich76   Members   -  Reputation: 178

0Likes

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:07 PM

Erggg! I found out that some of the IP (not sure what) was purchased by another company, but that company went out of business in 2008..

#5 Orymus3   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 7760

2Likes

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:10 PM

Repeat step 1 :)

#6 Rich76   Members   -  Reputation: 178

0Likes

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:57 PM

Repeat step 1 Posted Image

Hahaha. I have now found the company that has acquired the IP. Since they never used the IP and are not in the gaming business, I hope they give me permission. :)

#7 jbadams   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 18019

3Likes

Posted 14 July 2012 - 01:25 AM

Good luck!

Remember when you approach them that you are dealing with a business. You need not be overly stuffy and formal, but should be sure to conduct yourself in a polite, professional and businesslike manner.

#8 Rich76   Members   -  Reputation: 178

0Likes

Posted 14 July 2012 - 09:52 PM

Good luck!

Remember when you approach them that you are dealing with a business. You need not be overly stuffy and formal, but should be sure to conduct yourself in a polite, professional and businesslike manner.

Thanks for the advice. I'll do my best. Posted Image

Edited by Rich76, 15 July 2012 - 03:29 PM.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS