Game like "Tiny Wings" or "Dragon,fly!"

Started by
1 comment, last by edgarllorente 11 years, 9 months ago
Hello
I'm trying to make a terrain like the one on those games, I mean a terrain that is a wave that keeps changing and where the object keeps oscilating.

I've never done anything like this before and for now I got a reasonable success... I managed to draw a wave like that by varying the amplitude of the wave every point... more o less this is the resoult:

Captura.png

To make the object follow the wave is easy, its just getting the amplitude of the y of the function that draws my wave and drawing it there...
My problem comes when I try to apply physics, although I thought I managed to do it I realized I don't... when the physics are calculated within miliseconds the object moves little by little, but when applied for a second or so it moves more than 1000px

So... I wondered if someone can help me appliying the physics to this wave...

Edgar
Advertisement
are you generating your line in your main game loop?
Might be that your accidently regenerating a line each time
I have been doing some math about it, and what I need to solve is how to get a formula that gives me how much pixels the object has to advance in a certain time, something like "x = x0 +vt + 0.5*t*t" but for the wave.
The wave is generated by a formula that looks like this: "f(x) = A(x)*sin(x * (360/waveLongitude) )" where A(x) is the amplitude in that point generated by a formula.

The problem is how to get a new formula that return the x giving to it the time

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement