• Create Account

Cryengine 3: Exporting Multiple Character Animation CAF Files.....How?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 Flam1ng Dem0n   Members   -  Reputation: 104

0Likes

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:03 PM

First off let me say that I have been able to export only one Animation CAF file. I have searched the CryDev.net Forums, the Cryengine 3 Editor Wiki page(s) and the web, but have found really nothing to work with....or I just don't really see it as what I am looking for. Not really sure. Anyways....how do I export multiple animation for a single Character model? I have more then 10 Animations and would like to get them all into the CE3 SDK...but am having trouble figure it out. Each animation is a separate 3ds Max file...could that be an issue? I planned on exporting the animation for each 3ds Max file and then combining them....but can this be done with the CE3 SDK?

Also on a side note...under the "Edit Sub-Ranges" option....when you are naming the animation sequence....you have to match the model name with the animation....or it does not work with the character model in the Character Editor. Can this be fixed some how? Or does the Animation HAVE to match the models mesh exactly? I have tried to name the animation a different name for two separate animations for apparently the Character Editor does not like or recognize them as the correct CAF files. I programed the separately named animations in to Character Parameters file but it did not work out well.
Thanks

Sponsor:

#2 Tom Sloper   Moderators   -  Reputation: 10160

0Likes

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:17 PM

Not a Game Design question. Moving.
-- Tom Sloper
Sloperama Productions
Making games fun and getting them done.
www.sloperama.com

Please do not PM me. My email address is easy to find, but note that I do not give private advice.

#3 Flam1ng Dem0n   Members   -  Reputation: 104

0Likes

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:38 PM

Umm...How is it not game design? I did not see anywhere else to put it. I would consider this "Game Design".....but whatever. Anyways.....still wondering if anyone know how to solve this issue.

Thanks

#4 Stormynature   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3417

0Likes

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:44 PM

This may help

http://freesdk.crydev.net/display/SDKDOC3/Exporting+Animations

Umm...How is it not game design?

The Game Design forum is more about the creative and theoretical elements associated with games. Hence the allocation of the Game Design forum into the "Creative" heading. You might want to look into the API and Tools forums under the "Technical" heading which covers Cryengine issues as well. It might well be that this post is better served there but not my field of expertise to truly say so.

#5 Flam1ng Dem0n   Members   -  Reputation: 104

0Likes

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:01 PM

This may help

http://freesdk.cryde...ting Animations

Umm...How is it not game design?

The Game Design forum is more about the creative and theoretical elements associated with games. Hence the allocation of the Game Design forum into the "Creative" heading. You might want to look into the API and Tools forums under the "Technical" heading which covers Cryengine issues as well. It might well be that this post is better served there but not my field of expertise to truly say so.

I see...well anyway. To be more specific, when I say "Setting up Multiple Animations" I mean from within 3ds Max and not in the CryEngine 3 or in a script. How would I go about setting up multiple character animations in 3ds Max? I still cannot find an answer anywhere. Anyone know?

Thanks

Edited by Flam1ng Dem0n, 16 July 2012 - 01:22 PM.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS