• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

[Beginner] DX11 Book example problem

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 FrozenSnake   Members   -  Reputation: 205

0Likes

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:48 AM

Hi first of all, sorry for the "newb" thread!

I have problem with one of the examples from the book "Introduction to 3D Game Programming With DirectX 11". I just received the book and decided to test one of the examples so I can get follow the book without to many problems! So I picked one of the examples the book have. After I compile it and tries to run it this comes up: "Direct3D Feature Level 11 unsupported." and I do not know why this is coming up.

If anyone own the book it is the Chapter 19, Terrain demo I have tried. I checked in dxdiag and it say I have DirectX 11. So is there any way to find out why this error is coming up? Included the dxDiag.txt in case someone need the information to help me!

Best regards,
Kim

Attached Files

Edited by FrozenSnake, 18 July 2012 - 06:55 AM.

Sponsor:

#2 eppo   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2538

1Likes

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:04 AM

The ATI 4600 series only supports feature level 10.1. Direct3D 11 is still supported on your system as it can run on downlevel hardware.

http://msdn.microsof...f476872(v=vs.85).aspx

Likely because it's an introductory book the sample will run fine on 10.1 hardware as long as you pass D3D_FEATURE_LEVEL_10_1 to the D3D11CreateDevice() call.

Edited by eppo, 18 July 2012 - 07:12 AM.

#3 FrozenSnake   Members   -  Reputation: 205

0Likes

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:33 AM

Thanks! I will give it a try!

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS