• Create Account

PocketPC developers

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 SeanHowe   Members   -  Reputation: 142

Posted 09 October 2001 - 06:27 PM

Hey, I've been working on a 3D engine for the PocketPC lately, and I've just been wondering how many other people on these forums are working on some sort of project for it. So, if you are, post it here, and screenshots if you have any. I'll start it off: I'm working on a 3D engine which I intend to use to make games with 2D gameplay but that look better, EG a Strikers 1942 clone. I don't have any screenshots right now, I'm shooting for 1000 poly's at acceptable framerates (no, I don't know what acceptable framerates is going to end up ). Right now I support loading milkshape3D models and displaying them, with a full transformation/rendering pipeline. The work I'm doing right now is mostly optimization, at the moment I'm converting everything I can from floating to fixed point because of the lack of anything but an emulated FPU in most PocketPCs. I'm developing it using my own system similar to that of EasyCE which wraps GAPI functions to DirectX so that I can compile the same code for running it on the PC as well as on the PocketPC, without using the emulator. To actually test out the code on a real device I'm using a Casio EM-500 (yellow ). Okay, you're turn, I want to see who's out there. Edited by - SeanHowe on October 10, 2001 1:29:31 AM

Sponsor:

#2 kfrench16   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 10 October 2001 - 08:36 AM

Myself...working on a sound api like FMOD using the Waveform Audio Interface so I do not have to pay a liscensing fee and to make available for others to use. Driving me nuts though As far as games are concerned, I am working mostly on tile based games. a space RPG and some arcade action games.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS