• Create Account

Overload

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 erakko   Members   -  Reputation: 140

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:50 AM

Posted Image

Idea
Your objective in the game is to collect points by making the green balls drop to the hole in the middle. Red balls on the other hand will increase the gauge on the left, and when this gets full, the game's over. With blue balls you can decrease this gauge. With yellow balls you can destroy other balls, and with purple balls you can swap the "charge" of a ball from negative to positive and the other way around.

Posted Image

When a ball collides with another, these may combine depending on "charge" and the type of the ball. This however depends completely on the type of the ball. The features of each ball are explained in detail in README.txt file, included in zip-file.

Controls
Use left and right arrowkeys to change the angle of the highlighted (yellow) ring. With up and down arrowkeys you can change the highlighted ring. With ESC-key you can go to the main menu at any point of the game. You can close the game by pressing ESC-key once more in the main menu.

Scores
The game has online highscores, which you can see from HERE. In main menu you can also see the top 5. However, the MySQL-server I use is really slow, so sending and showing the scores may be really slow. Even the startup of the game may be slow for this reason, and it may take some time to even close the game.

Download/Play
http://gamejolt.com/freeware/games/puzzle/overload/8808/
Works on Windows 7, but I think it should run on XP and Vista as well.

From the above link you can both download the game, and play it straight from the browser.

Edited by erakko, 27 July 2012 - 04:20 PM.

Playfire | MyAnimeList | Cold Wave (C++ project)

Sponsor:

#2 erakko   Members   -  Reputation: 140

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:15 AM

So I joined Game Jolt, and now it's possible to play this straight from the browser. Just click the following link, and from there click "Quick Play". Even though it's just a Windows executable, the site uses Java to run that exe quite nicely.

http://gamejolt.com/freeware/games/puzzle/overload/8808/

Highscores work like they did before, now I'm just thinking if I should implement the Game Jolt highscores and perhaps even trophies...
If possible, please leave a rating for the game (requires registration to the site or signing in using Twitter/Facebook account) and comments - good or bad - are always welcome, even in this thread.
Playfire | MyAnimeList | Cold Wave (C++ project)

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS