• Create Account

Multiple direct x applications on the same computer

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jeffreyp   Members   -  Reputation: 178

0Likes

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:06 AM

Heey guys,

I got a question about running(in visual studio) multiple(2) direct x applications on the same computer.
When i do this i get a warning :

D3D11: WARNING: ID3D11DeviceContext::Draw: Vertex Buffer at the input vertex slot 0 is not big enough for what the Draw*() call expects to traverse. This is OK, as reading off the end of the Buffer is defined to return 0. However the developer probably did not intend to make use of this behavior.  [ EXECUTION WARNING #356: DEVICE_DRAW_VERTEX_BUFFER_TOO_SMALL ]

I already debugged my code but this only happens when i try to debug 2 instances.\
My guess would be that the slot is already in use by the other app and that's why it throws this error.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsor:

#2 MJP   Moderators   -  Reputation: 11343

1Likes

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:19 PM

If each process creates its own device and context, then their state won't be shared. In other words, setting a vertex buffer on a context in one app won't affect the context in another app.

#3 Jeffreyp   Members   -  Reputation: 178

0Likes

Posted 06 September 2012 - 07:31 AM

After some long time i decided to try this again(that is why i bumped this thread) and i only get this error when i run 2instances of my application.
I can't figure out what is wrong. Maybe this has something to do with visual studio 11?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS