Members - Reputation: 143
Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:14 AM
1. make them never collide
2. make them kill each other if they collide
3. just ignore it and have one overlap the other in the drawing
4. just ignore it and not worry about what the drawing looks like
Members - Reputation: 271
Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:00 AM
Starting out in game programming? Me too! Check out my blog, written by a newbie, for the newbies. http://myowngamejourney.blogspot.mx/
Members - Reputation: 318
Posted 22 July 2012 - 12:36 PM
1) This may appear unrealistic, depending on how it's handled.
2a) Do you want them to be incompetent?
2b) Do you want to include collision avoidance?
3) This allows you to specify which object overlaps the other, which can allow you to do psuedo-3D (such as scaling the sprite of the object that's passing over/under).
4) This can result in flickering, as your drawing code draws one or the other first each frame.