• Create Account

I bought Wing Commander 1 and 2 on GOG.com!

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
10 replies to this topic

#1 Alpha_ProgDes   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4688

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:58 PM

This should probably be on a blog or something. But I don't care. I finally have WC 1 and 2. For PC! I never played the PC version. Only the SNES version. Ah, the memories.

So what throwback games have you bought lately? Or at all?
Beginner in Game Development? Read here.

Super Mario Bros clone tutorial written in XNA 4.0 [MonoGame, ANX, and MonoXNA] by Scott Haley

If you have found any of the posts helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking the up arrow on those posts Posted Image

Spoiler

Sponsor:

#2 MrDaaark   Members   -  Reputation: 3555

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:41 PM

Throwbacks?

Final Fantasy 3 on Android. Love it.

#3 SimonForsman   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 6108

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:01 AM

This should probably be on a blog or something. But I don't care. I finally have WC 1 and 2. For PC! I never played the PC version. Only the SNES version. Ah, the memories.

So what throwback games have you bought lately? Or at all?

From gog the old games from my childhood that i've gotten are Red Baron, darklands, Master of Orion 1+2, betrayal at krondor.
From steam i've gotten the x-com collection.

None of the purchases were extremely recent though (i've mostly bought games i missed out on). (i replaced most of my childhood floppy games with gog.com versions quite early, just missing replacements for a few of the old SSI goldbox games (i got the original floppies but some of them are in fairly bad condition after all these years and gog doesn't have those games (yet))
I don't suffer from insanity, I'm enjoying every minute of it.
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

#4 Alpha_ProgDes   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4688

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:17 AM

I got a friend to get River City Ransom on the Wii VC. It's still a kick-ass game.

Super Mario Bros clone tutorial written in XNA 4.0 [MonoGame, ANX, and MonoXNA] by Scott Haley

If you have found any of the posts helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking the up arrow on those posts Posted Image

Spoiler

#5 MrDaaark   Members   -  Reputation: 3555

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:56 PM

I got a friend to get River City Ransom on the Wii VC. It's still a kick-ass game.

The Scott Pilgrim game is like a love letter to River City Ransom

#6 Alpha_ProgDes   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4688

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:31 AM

I'll have to play that sometime. I should probably go hunting for old-school games. I'm feeling nostalgic.

Spoiler

#7 Alpha_ProgDes   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4688

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:06 PM

Is anyone doing a remake or sequel to River City Ransom?

Spoiler

#8 Shippou   Members   -  Reputation: 1523

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:31 PM

GoG has the unupdated version of Dungeon Keeper 2 .... which means it usesa very outdated version of .net, and is extremely unstable, regardless of how it's ran.

Reactions To Technologies:
1. Anything that is in the world when you’re born is normal and ordinary and is just a natural part of the way the world works.
2. Anything that's invented between when you’re fifteen and thirty-five is new and exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it.
3. Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things.

- Douglas Adams 2002

#9 BeanDog   Members   -  Reputation: 1063

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:24 PM

I finally beat the original X-Com (1994) just a couple years back. It's a great game, and astonishingly difficult.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_control_2 is another favorite.

~BenDilts( void );

Lucidchart: Online Flow Chart Software; Lucidpress: Digital Publishing Software

#10 SimonForsman   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 6108

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:35 AM

I finally beat the original X-Com (1994) just a couple years back. It's a great game, and astonishingly difficult.

http://en.wikipedia..../Star_control_2 is another favorite.

Yeah, i remember how proud i was the first time i beat that game, on the easiest setting :D
I don't suffer from insanity, I'm enjoying every minute of it.
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

#11 Anri   Members   -  Reputation: 597

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:54 PM

Been going through the Wing Commanders myself, recently. WC2 is a bit difficult to run under DOSBOX, but I did manage to get through WC1 and WC3. Even tried WC1 for the Mega-CD(a hidden gem for the format) and SNES. Quite surprised they got WC:Prophecy on the Gameboy Advance...

Interesting that they were almost about to unleash WC2 for the SNES...but it got cancelled. Using the SFX chip that would have been a great game for the format.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS