• Create Account

How to get rid of sluttering issues when working with 2d in opengl

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 Gl_Terminator   Members   -  Reputation: 448

0Likes

Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:37 PM

Hello, I have been working with openGL since 2008. A few years ago I had to migrate to DX but I will always have opengl in my heart :). There was a thing I never acomplished when working with opengl. That thing was to make 2D sprites to move across the screen without performance issues. I have tried almost everything, GL_EXT_TEXTURE_RECTANGLE, glu MIP MAPS for NPOT textures, display lists, and anything seemed to work, attached is a sample using texture rectangle. My question is how a 2D opengl programer manages to make a fluid 2D opengl application, what are the tips, etc. I would really appreciate all the help you can give me. I have been programming in 3D for a looong time and that is the only thing I wish to know more.
BTW I have a 3D dev blog wwww.vasilydev.blogspot.com, stop by and take a look.

Attached Files

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS