Need ideas for my story

Started by
3 comments, last by v0idmp3 11 years, 8 months ago
Hi everybody ("hi doctor Nik" :) )

I work in flash/flex, and I have some little games in my game development history. But, I want to turn on developing for facebook. I searched over the Internet for few days with hope that I will find some inspirating post/picture for my game. And I found this: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/pets_war

So, my game will be something like "Animals vs Humans" where animals after many many years of human terror decided to start a war against humans. Animals have many different kinds of weapons (mices will be regular soldiers, dogs will be heavy weapon etc.). But I have a little problem. What kind of game will be my game? It's have to be casual, and simple (becouse my market will be facebook), it must have some archivments, levels, and some estetic parts (or special war units) that players will buy for a real money. Is it the best options to be, like, I don't know "Angry Birds" based game? Or like "Plants vs Zombies"? Or something else? Pleas help me, I'm really stuck. I will be very grateful for any kind of ideas.

P.S. My english is not very good but I think that you will understand what is my problem. If you can't understend what I talking about, just ask, I'll try to simplify :)

Cheers
Advertisement
see this for inspiration: http://www.armorgames.com/play/13262/paladog
Thank you very much.

This game is a really good inspiration for my idea.

But, I need more ideas just for comparation. For now, inspiration from "Paladog" game is the best :)
I will be honest v0idmp3,

I have been somewhat hesitant in posting in this thread simply because you are almost asking for a game design to be provided to you.

What kind of game will be my game?

A simple suggestion for a Tower defense game.

Embattled human's have retreated into highly fortified bunkers, redoubts, castles and whatever stronghold they can find. You with your army of animals must break down these fortresses and make those Those Damn Dirty Humans pay! This idea operates on premise that you use humour throughout the game.

From the human perspective: (Passive Defense) Various traps are laid around the defensive compound: These traps could range from the simple Hamster wheel causing a hamster(or similar rodent) to be stuck in a never ending run over to the innocuous organ grinder. (Active Defense) Catnip, cheese, bones, honey thrown at an animal type to provide a delay in their movements. Other possibilities exist but I leave that up to you.

From the Animal Perspective: I am going to deliberately leave this blank as I am not sure whether you want to anthropomorphize your animals and introduce weaponry as per your link or stay with variations on their natural forms. I would suggest that the former might be necessary or alternatively keep them exactly in the natural forms and attach technology to them. Various counters could be the look of cuteness, PETA red tape forms distracting humans into filling out the forms and not able to attack for a round.

Will come back to this - but off to a phone conference atm.
Edit: back

Further aspects you might look at from a monetisation aspect is the sale of virtual army types. For example a themed army based exotic animals species from Africa or Australia, or Aerial warfare pack utilising birds species, the cute and cuddly animal pack etc etc.

However am really going to stop here as this forum is intended more for aspect of writing in games and not about game design or business related aspects. If you want to chase up either of those issues you should create new threads in appropriate forums. Either way I hope this helps inspire you :)

Either way I hope this helps inspire you

Yes indeed...

After your post, I have all game in my head, and from this moment I can start to write simple mechanic of the game on paper, and to develop idea more and more further. I didnt even think about some passive/active defense, traps and more things like that. And, of course, it will be funny, with cute graphic elements, cartoon charcasters etc.

After all, I want to thank to Stormynature and Mito for helping me, and to inform other members that I will open a new thread on this forum to write about progress of the game.

Cheers

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement