• Create Account

using previous Rendertarget in next Shader

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Farci   Members   -  Reputation: 126

0Likes

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:57 PM

Hi,

so as you could see I'm trying to use a rendertarget in the next shader. So I'm postprocessing some data and want to use it as a fullscreentexture in the next shader. So far so good, no problem with shaderresourceviews and setting and so on.
But I have the following problem: I want to use the previously generated texture on the whole screenspace and not only on an object in the screen, atm I can see in the center of the screen with a part of texture with a big border around it which has the color of the clearing color.

I'm trying to implement a SSAO algorithm, just so you know, but I'm still pretty new to HLSL and DX10.

In the first shader I write out normals and depth for each pixel on seperate rendertargets and afterwards I set them as shaderressources for use in SSAO shader.

[source lang="cpp"]Texture2D g_SSAODepthMap : register(t0);Texture2D g_SSAONormalMap : register(t1);struct VSInput{     float4 m_Position : POSITION      float4 m_Color : COLOR;      float4 m_Normal : NORMAL};struct PSInput{      float4 m_Position : SV_POSITION;     float4 m_Color : COLOR0;     float3 m_Normal : NORMAL;      float2 m_Tex : TEXCOORD;};// SSAO Vertex ShaderPSInput VSSSAOShader(VSInput _Input){     PSInput Output = (PSInput) 0; Output.m_Position = _Input.m_Position; Output.m_Tex.x = 0.5 * (1 + _Input.m_Position.x); Output.m_Tex.y = 0.5 * (1 - _Input.m_Position.y); return Output;}// SSAO Pixel Shaderfloat4 PSSSAOShader(PSInput _Input) : SV_Target0{ float4 result = g_SSAODepthMap.Sample(samplerLinear, _Input.m_Tex); result += g_SSAONormalMap.Sample(samplerLinear, _Input.m_Tex); return result;}[/source]
I have to say I didnt implement SSAO, this is just for testing and I'm using DirectX 10 and ps_4_0 and vs_4_0.
Maybe I didnt understand how to get the right coordinates in the textures.

I read something about a Fullscreenquad and also tried that, but it doesnt really worked, it would be pretty nice if somebody would be able to describe how I can use a texture as, i would say, layer.

I would appreciate any help, because I'm really stuck here.

Edited by Farci, 26 July 2012 - 02:55 PM.

Sponsor:

#2 quiSHADgho   Members   -  Reputation: 325

1Likes

Posted 26 July 2012 - 03:23 PM

Hi,

i did not implement SSAO by myself by now but as the name implies it should be a screenspace filter. For screenspace filters you typically draw two triangles covering your whole RenderTarget. So you need four Vertices in screenspacecoordinates from -1,-1 for the topleft corner to 1,1 for the bottomright corner leaving the z-coordinate untouched.
Also you need a additional vertexparameter for the texturecoordinate in the range from 0 to 1.
This four verts will be drawed in the screen space pass. So your Shader should look like this:
[source lang="csharp"]Texture2D g_SSAODepthMap : register(t0);Texture2D g_SSAONormalMap : register(t1); struct VSInput{ float4 m_Position : POSITION float2 m_TexCoord : TEXCOORD0}; struct PSInput{ float4 m_Position : SV_POSITION; float4 m_Color : COLOR0; float3 m_Normal : NORMAL; float2 m_Tex : TEXCOORD;}; // SSAO Vertex ShaderPSInput VSSSAOShader(VSInput _Input){ PSInput Output = (PSInput) 0; Output.m_Position = _Input.m_Position; Output.m_Tex = _Input.m_TexCoord; return Output;} // SSAO Pixel Shaderfloat4 PSSSAOShader(PSInput _Input) : SV_Target0{ float4 result = g_SSAODepthMap.Sample(samplerLinear, _Input.m_Tex); result += g_SSAONormalMap.Sample(samplerLinear, _Input.m_Tex); return result;}[/source]

Hopefully i get everything right.

#3 Farci   Members   -  Reputation: 126

0Likes

Posted 28 July 2012 - 09:31 AM

Yeah you are right, but I made another mistake in my cpp-code and I think this can only happen to me.
I wondered why my Quad isnt drawn all the time (I tried that earlier), it happend because I set the w part of the Position to 0 instead of 1. Most guys wont have that problem because they are just using a float3 Position for vertex-shader-input.

And i'm using an orthographical view instead of the perspective view now and it seems to work.

thx for help

Edited by Farci, 28 July 2012 - 10:11 AM.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS