• Create Account

Is it possible to obtain what flags a shader was created with?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 five1mon   Members   -  Reputation: 152

0Likes

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:50 AM

Hey
In the situation where you're having compiled shaders under source control is it possible to write a check-in test that examin what flags the shaders been built with. Most common you want to see that no debug shaders get checked-in.

So what I want to know -Is it possible to obtain infromation of what flags a particular shader been built with?

Cheers :-)

Sponsor:

#2 Ashaman73   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 7006

1Likes

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:37 AM

In the situation where you're having compiled shaders under source control is it possible to write a check-in test that examin what

The problem can be solved by checking in only the source files and compile them when you build your release/debug version on-the-fly.

#3 Radikalizm   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2806

0Likes

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:46 AM

I'm agreeing with Ashaman on this one

Most revision control systems weren't even designed to store binary files, so it'd be a better idea overall to just store your source files and do a compile of your shader code when you build your application

Edited by Radikalizm, 27 July 2012 - 05:57 AM.

I gets all your texture budgets!

#4 five1mon   Members   -  Reputation: 152

0Likes

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:56 AM

I kind of agree with you and if I was in charge I prob implement something similiar. Just the way the system is setup atm, we submit compiled shaders and I was just looking into solving the problems with assuring a standard for what flags been used when building.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS