Browser Based Games.
Crossbones+ - Reputation: 2257
Posted 29 July 2012 - 01:01 AM
Edited by Sirisian, 29 July 2012 - 01:02 AM.
Crossbones+ - Reputation: 1103
Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:57 AM
You also need to be very aware of the fact that this is a relatively new, up and coming thing - so there are still challenges like: audio, browser compatibility, and input (gamepad), etc.
Members - Reputation: 2283
Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:08 AM
It's nice to also have:
- A decent image editing application (I like paint.net. It's free of charge.)
- A good debugger (Chrome's got this built-in)
- Example code. I think someone on this site has written a tutorial on HTML5 and Canvas game programming, but I don't remember who or how to find the tutorials. They could be in the tutorials section of gdnet, but I didn't look.
- A friend who knows how to do this sort of thing already.
- An idea for a simple game you want to create. Don't try to do World of Warcraft as your first project. Don't even try to do Zelda as your first project. Something like Whac-a-mole would be a good start. You can start with very primitive graphics, the AI is simple (Is it time to pop another mole out?), mouse interaction, keeping score, etc.
Edited by smr, 03 August 2012 - 10:12 AM.
Members - Reputation: 567
Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:44 PM
Edited by yadango, 03 August 2012 - 08:52 PM.