Despite using SlimDX / SharpDX for quite sometime, I just cant seem to see directx debug info when things go bad, for a while now second guessing and 'assuming' has paid off but as my projects get bigger the assumptions arent as accurate, especially when tidying up code.
At one point they did show up and I believe I was using SlimDX at the time, but now I cant see anything remotely helpful on either APIs.
What I have tried.
- I have enabled 'debug native code debugging' on everything including libraries related to the app.
- I have tested both force on / application control on both DX Control panel and VS2012 DX Control Panel (they are slightly different) with both my folder and exe and vshost in the exe list (both individually and all at once).
- My device is created with DeviceCreationFlags.Debug
- I have also tried this with VS with administration rights.
- I have tried all these techniques in VS10 and VS12
- I have tried in WPF / WinForms
- I have tried in DX10 / DX11 with different feature levels
- Tested with multiple comps and got the same issue
The interesting thing is, the output is different with the above but im still getting vague pointless remarks much like the ones you get without all the features
I also had this issue with DX9 but I barely used DX9 enough to care much about it.
What am I forgetting to do? XD
Thanks in advance