• Create Account

Interested in a FREE copy of HTML5 game maker Construct 2?

We'll be giving away three Personal Edition licences in next Tuesday's GDNet Direct email newsletter!

Sign up from the right-hand sidebar on our homepage and read Tuesday's newsletter for details!

We're also offering banner ads on our site from just $5! 1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

What is t range in b-spline?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 kotoko   Members   -  Reputation: 116

0Likes

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:23 AM

Hello all,

I'm implementing b-spline curves and there is one last point I'm not understanding.

What doest the parameter (t or u in most explanations) range correspond to in visual terms?
I understand how to calculate the values to compute C(t) = ∑ Bi , p (t )Pi but I don't understand how to vary t (or u).

What I want is to know what are the points between P1 and P2, how do I do that by varing the t?

This is probably obvious question, sorry

Sponsor:

#2 Ripiz   Members   -  Reputation: 529

0Likes

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:35 AM

Math forum is probably better for this.

If I understand correctly, t is just value, where t = 0 indicates P1 point, while t = 1 is P2 point, most likely t = 0.5 will be in the middle between those points. If you want to gather points between P1 and P2 just increase t little by little.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS