• Create Account

Code block in thread warping entire page

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 Servant of the Lord   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 19547

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:07 PM

Was just browsing and came across this thread: http://www.gamedev.n...oe-player-turn/

Here's a screenshot of what's happening for me in Google Chrome on Windows 7 32bit:

Posted Image

The C++ code that the user has displayed in a [ code ] box is also copied above the entire webpage (but not formatted or syntax highlighted).

This doesn't normally happen for me, this is the first time I've encountered it, and it doesn't seem to be occurring for other threads.
It's perfectly fine to abbreviate my username to 'Servant' rather than copy+pasting it all the time.
All glory be to the Man at the right hand... On David's throne the King will reign, and the Government will rest upon His shoulders. All the earth will see the salvation of God.
Of Stranger Flames - [indie turn-based rpg set in a para-historical French colony] | Indie RPG development journal

[Fly with me on Twitter] [Google+] [My broken website]

[Need web hosting? I personally like A Small Orange]

Sponsor:

#2 frob   Moderators   -  Reputation: 21297

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:21 PM

That is a known bug that has been discussed before.

It has several other known side effects, such as preventing the "edit" and other buttons from working correctly.

Other than looking ugly, I don't think there are any major problems that come from the bug. Hopefully the hard-working people who write the code will have a fix some day.
Check out my personal indie blog at bryanwagstaff.com.

#3 Servant of the Lord   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 19547

Posted 30 July 2012 - 01:15 PM

Ah ok, good to know you guys are aware of it. Posted Image

As you mentioned, it messed up the buttons for me. The buttons work (submits the posts, upvotes the users), but don't show the results until you manually refresh the page.
The whole page also lags up pretty bad, but if the problem only occurs once in a blue moon, then that's fine.
It's perfectly fine to abbreviate my username to 'Servant' rather than copy+pasting it all the time.
All glory be to the Man at the right hand... On David's throne the King will reign, and the Government will rest upon His shoulders. All the earth will see the salvation of God.
Of Stranger Flames - [indie turn-based rpg set in a para-historical French colony] | Indie RPG development journal

[Fly with me on Twitter] [Google+] [My broken website]

[Need web hosting? I personally like A Small Orange]

#4 Michael Tanczos   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 5208

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:54 PM

Found a way to fix it.. Not sure why the software was using the entire first post as a meta description.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS