• Create Account

Using Socket Communications

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 Zido_Z   Members   -  Reputation: 356

0Likes

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:27 PM

Hey, guys. I'm going to be undertaking a job soon, hopefully, that is going to require the development of a 3D simulation for use on Windows, Linux, and maybe on the web. I have one key issue, however, that I need to tackle, mainly because I'm a C++ user, but decided Java will be a better language for this task for web integration if the client wishes.

The input file methods shall be written as a separate module to facilitate the replacement of the satellite type, satellite location, and thrust information files with socket communications

How exactly would I go about this? I understand the network syntax for this, but does this mean that i have to make a separate Java application alongside the main one that allows changing of these parameters? It's likely something I would do in C++, but considering I haven't done much network-related applications for a long time, I'm trying to gauge the difficulty of this task. Personally, I think it's as simple as sending a data file over the net for the application to read and update its own file, but I can use an expert opinion.

Edited by Zido_Z, 30 July 2012 - 04:28 PM.

Sponsor:

#2 ApochPiQ   Moderators   -  Reputation: 15164

0Likes

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:37 PM

There's really not enough context to go on here. That sentence could be interpreted in a number of different ways.

I would recommend seeking clarification from your employer/client.

#3 Zido_Z   Members   -  Reputation: 356

0Likes

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:40 PM

Yes, I was thinking the same thing, Apoch. I'll probably end up doing that. I just wanted to see if anyone had enough experience with java to get an idea so I could prepare beforehand.

#4 JohnnyCode   Members   -  Reputation: 227

-2Likes

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:06 PM

Java is a type-less laguage, be aware. (a friend of mine said "it would be cool if it was not so unstable,... he is a big unix java fan!")

#5 wood_brian   Banned   -  Reputation: 197

0Likes

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:40 PM

Java has types.

Edited by wood_brian, 01 August 2012 - 08:41 PM.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS