• Create Account

There is a Mech god! He has answered my prayers!

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
6 replies to this topic

#1 Alpha_ProgDes   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4688

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:25 AM

First there was the real-life sized Gundam RX-78, then there was the Gundam Arcade with full cockpit view. Now! There's an actual fully functional, life-sized mech (not a Gundam). Oh, it's too good to be true. And it's just in my price range. $1.35 million US dollars. What a deal!
Beginner in Game Development? Read here.

Super Mario Bros clone tutorial written in XNA 4.0 [MonoGame, ANX, and MonoXNA] by Scott Haley

If you have found any of the posts helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking the up arrow on those posts Posted Image

Spoiler

Sponsor:

#2 Krohm   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3049

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:01 AM

Although it cannot walk, it's awesome beyond description! And it's made in heavy metal!

We Claptraps also have wheels.

#3 Hodgman   Moderators   -  Reputation: 29498

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:07 AM

$2M with the optional extras, including giant-sized riot shield, water-rocket launcher, robotic claw, leather seats and the $100 cup-holder ;)

#4 Alpha_ProgDes   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4688

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:24 AM

$1,885,600 with genuine leather seats and cup holder. It sucks that I can't have a carbon shield AND a handgun Posted Image

So I had to settle for the handgun, rocket launcher, pilotless head, and head shield Posted Image

For those who want to build and preview their mech: Go here.

Edited by Alpha_ProgDes, 02 August 2012 - 09:25 AM.

Super Mario Bros clone tutorial written in XNA 4.0 [MonoGame, ANX, and MonoXNA] by Scott Haley

If you have found any of the posts helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking the up arrow on those posts Posted Image

Spoiler

#5 Alpha_ProgDes   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4688

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:45 PM

And here I thought there were more mech lovers..... hmmm.

Spoiler

#6 Prinz Eugn   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3580

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:07 PM

That's pretty cool, but wheels, man... not acceptable.

Also: http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2008/01/real-life-gunda/

Edited by Prinz Eugn, 03 August 2012 - 10:12 PM.

-Mark the Artist

Digital Art and Technical Design
Developer Journal

#7 Alpha_ProgDes   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4688

Posted 04 August 2012 - 11:53 AM

That's pretty cool, but wheels, man... not acceptable.

Also: http://www.wired.com...eal-life-gunda/

$725 million? That's cheap (considering what you are paying for). Aren't the F-22s like $125 to $250 million a piece?

Spoiler

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS