[java] java multiplayer newbie (complete)

Started by
1 comment, last by kordova 22 years, 6 months ago
Where can I go to get info on data exchange for applets...(like in a mud). Example: I am playing around with eventually creating a mud in java and want it to be accessible by up to around 10 players, with each logging in and interacting. Where do I start with this sort of issue? (I have much time and learn fast)
Advertisement
First you need to learn a little Java: Java Tutorial (great place to start)

After you get a couple of applets & applications running, check out: Java Totorial: Custom Networking. This will get you up to speed on how to get your client-server stuff to happen.

Also, a easy-to-implement way to send all your Java objects back and forth across the network: Serialization.

"If consquences dictate our course of action, it doesn''t matter what''s right, it''s only wrong if you get caught."
- Tool

"There is no reason good should not triumph at least as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they're organized along the lines of the mafia." -Kurt Vonnegut
I am relatively proficient in c++ and i have done a few java applets/proggies. But thank you very much for your aid.

Let them swim -Tool

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement