• Create Account

kinect for windows

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 uzipaz   Members   -  Reputation: 200

0Likes

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:36 PM

Hi everyone,
I am looking forward to start learning the API that comes with the SDK of Kinect for Windows. I read the starting guide on the microsoft website and I think it did'nt provide enought information such as how much technical details I need to know before getting started...

Just for the heads up... I have learned the C++ language and know how to use its major features well.... and I am using it with different projects... I have some experience using SDL and worked a bit on GLUT.... but I don't have any experience with computer vision or image processing...

I do not own a Kinect device yet... but if I want to start learning the SDK and use it for some development, I need to get the hardware ofcourse...
That is why I created this topic to ask all those programmers out there that at least have some experience developing with kinect... Kindly give me some dope on this before I start to invest my time and money in learning this new API... is it worth it? what I need to know first? where to consult for the tutorials and documentation??? etc...

Any help will be appreciated....
Thank you...

Sponsor:

#2 6677   Members   -  Reputation: 1058

0Likes

Posted 02 August 2012 - 03:43 AM

is it worth it?

probably not, very very few people own a kinect and have it connected to their PC

where to consult for the tutorials and documentation???

Microsoft host all the documentation, as for tutorials I don't know any

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS