• Create Account

FREE SOFTWARE GIVEAWAY

We have 4 x Pro Licences (valued at $59 each) for 2d modular animation software Spriter to give away in this Thursday's GDNet Direct email newsletter.

Read more in this forum topic or make sure you're signed up (from the right-hand sidebar on the homepage) and read Thursday's newsletter to get in the running!

Edit Gradient and Rotation

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Pin ups   Members   -  Reputation: 148

0Likes

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:46 PM

Hello,

I have been working with vertex selection and processing .I am starting off with a cube I then select some vertices then rotate the cube around the y axis by 45 degrees. Having spent some time on this I have found that by giving various values to each vertex I can derive an x direction edit and an x, z edit that look okay..

So, I guess the principle behind this type of processing is a relationship between the rotation of the mesh / vertices and the values that are passed to the edit functions, like a gradient I suppose.

So, what I would like to know, is what type of maths is this and how can I follow it up. For instance is this type of thing a derivative or deviation or something like that or is it some type of ratio deviation or derivative.

any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Sponsor:

#2 jefferytitan   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2246

0Likes

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:49 PM

I'm not entirely sure I understand what you're doing to this cube. You want to rotate some vertices of a cube but not others? Could you post a screenshot of what your effect looks like?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS