• Create Account

FREE SOFTWARE GIVEAWAY

We have 4 x Pro Licences (valued at $59 each) for 2d modular animation software Spriter to give away in this Thursday's GDNet Direct email newsletter.

Read more in this forum topic or make sure you're signed up (from the right-hand sidebar on the homepage) and read Thursday's newsletter to get in the running!

How do I post comments on articles?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 japro   Members   -  Reputation: 887

Posted 03 August 2012 - 01:43 PM

I wanted to comment on this article: http://www.gamedev.net/page/resources/_/technical/game-programming/2d-rotated-rectangle-collision-r2604
But when I click on comments I don't see a text box or so to write one. If I do the same for articles that already have comments I see a textbox?

Sponsor:

#2 slicer4ever   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3987

Posted 03 August 2012 - 01:46 PM

The article was posted in 2009, it's likly that GD.net's dated auto-locking mechanism work's on articles as well.
Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.

#3 Gaiiden   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 5277

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:11 PM

The auto-locking (archiving) mechanism should, as far as I know, only work for the forums. However this article does indeed have comments disabled - although the date and time exactly match that of the article's publishing date and time. I figure for some reason in the conversion from old site to new this was done to fill in the empty field not knowing what it was? Either that or the old articles were deliberately locked (if so it wasn't my decision to do so).

Anyways unlocked it for comments and also cleaned up the formatting and replaced Figure 7 with the proper image (was a dupe of Fig6)

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS