• Create Account

Simlulating Many Clients

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 Xanather   Members   -  Reputation: 708

0Likes

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:19 PM

How would I go around simulating multiple (50+ or more clients) connecting to a game server I made for testing purposed. I also want to artificially add latency.

Replies are appreciated, thanks.

Sponsor:

#2 hplus0603   Moderators   -  Reputation: 5309

1Likes

Posted 05 August 2012 - 01:15 AM

You build a headless client (ideally that runs on UNIX) and start up many copies of it.
You can add latency with tools like "netem."
enum Bool { True, False, FileNotFound };

#3 jefferytitan   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2126

0Likes

Posted 05 August 2012 - 01:42 AM

I have a related problem. I have thought about headless clients too. What is a good approach to writing one, given that the lack of user input will change behaviour? Just test idle behaviour? Test with scripted user input? Test by recording a real session with a user and replay it on multiple headless clients?

#4 Xanather   Members   -  Reputation: 708

0Likes

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:07 AM

Ok thanks :)

Edited by Xanather, 06 August 2012 - 02:10 AM.

#5 hplus0603   Moderators   -  Reputation: 5309

0Likes

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:55 PM

I have a related problem. I have thought about headless clients too. What is a good approach to writing one, given that the lack of user input will change behaviour? Just test idle behaviour? Test with scripted user input? Test by recording a real session with a user and replay it on multiple headless clients?

Yes, yes, and yes.

enum Bool { True, False, FileNotFound };

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS