• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Loading a specific part of the model?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 BluePhase   Members   -  Reputation: 147

0Likes

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:05 PM

I have been working with XNA for a few months now and I have gotten to the point of where my models folder is just insanely huge. And there is expected to be more than just the amount I have about 750 more. The reason for this, is because I might have one column, but might have another 30 different columns with just a few different changes, etc. And it would save me a lot of exporting just to do all the designs in one model file and load a specific part of the model in the game.

Is there any possible way to load just a specific part of the model file into the game?

Sponsor:

#2 Digitalfragment   Members   -  Reputation: 873

0Likes

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:30 PM

Any reason you don't just load the entire model and grab the ModelMeshParts out of the Model and draw them as needed?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS