• Create Account

Directx 9 Viewport help

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 madil90   Members   -  Reputation: 106

0Likes

Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:15 PM

Hi,
I am writing a program in which i have to render many objects to multiple viewports as efficiently as possible. I am using hardware instancing because i have the instances of the same object. I load the instance data along with object data in two streams to gpu and use the vertex shader to render instanced objects.
I want to render each instance to a small portion of the complete viewport. I load the viewport data along with the instance data. I need to multiple the homogenous position of the vertices with some "VIEWPORT" matrix such that each instance renders to it's own viewport. I DO NOT want to set viewports using setviewport and initiate multiple render calls for each instance (that will destroy the purpose of instancing). Can some one tell me the matrix i need to use to multiply my homogeneous canocial cordinates to render to a portion of the viewport.

Regards,
madil90

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS