• Create Account

I"m using Libgdx and I can't seem to get the android Project to run?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 rubsnick   Members   -  Reputation: 106

0Likes

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:42 PM

So I follow this tutorial get everything set up and working and follow it to the letter. Test the desktop version and it works. Everything is just peachy and fine. I then try out the android version of it. Bam it won't start instantly force closes. I decided to start again from scratch maybe I missed something something didn't work. This time I just skip and try to compile the default project. Lo Behold it works display the default thing in both places. I think awesome to myself, so I code what I need to code just show a simple .png with some looping music. Compile it on Desktop it works. Great I think to myself nice now lets try android. I try the android version and it won't work. I tried via emulator and via my phone. No dice. Nothing it just shows me the default project that was compiled. So I think to myself WTF? I deleted the compiled .apk and try to run it again. Same thing happends.

I'm truly at a loss at to what I need to be doing. Here is the link to the tutorial

http://code.google.c.../wiki/SimpleApp

I'm using Eclipse Juno with the latest version of libgdx and I tried every single target version messing with the androind manifest and using various androind emulators with different OS versions. So I'm truly at a loss as to what i"m going to do or what the hell the problem might be.

EDIT: I discovered the problem is. Any Texture must be in the power of two. so instead of 48 I used 64x64 and everything worked just fine.

Edited by rubsnick, 07 August 2012 - 06:37 AM.

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS