Members - Reputation: 101
Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:52 AM
I am creating a software to control 3D avatars. I was hoping I could get some help from the ones used to this stuff and working with graphic engines. I have some doubts:
1) What information do you usually need to get the Avatar working?
angles rotation, matrix rotation, quaternions? or anything else?
2) What graphics engine are most used?
3) I've been working with irrlicht, and its proving to be quite challenging... Any complaints or warnings regarding this engine?
Thank you a lot!
Crossbones+ - Reputation: 1707
Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:55 AM
2) Doesn't matter, users don't care. What only matters is how comfortable you are with working with a particular one, and how productive you can be.
3) If you think it's too hard, try something else, but base it on your own evaluation of it. Other people will do things differently and have their own reasons for liking certain things.
Crossbones+ - Reputation: 4536
Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:04 PM
That said, maybe you should start out with something a little more basic so you can get familiar with rendering concepts, as your first question pretty much tells me that you aren't yet familiar with some basic concepts. After that you can look into animation and character controllers and such to get an actual controllable character.
I gets all your texture budgets!