• Create Account

FREE SOFTWARE GIVEAWAY

We have 4 x Pro Licences (valued at $59 each) for 2d modular animation software Spriter to give away in this Thursday's GDNet Direct email newsletter.

Read more in this forum topic or make sure you're signed up (from the right-hand sidebar on the homepage) and read Thursday's newsletter to get in the running!

Scenes or Frames? For AS3.0 game's scenes

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 JETeran   Members   -  Reputation: 280

0Likes

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:10 PM

Hi again everybody !!

I studied long time ago AS1.0 and now that I'm learning AS3.0, a lot of the functions and the general usage of the language makes a lot of sense to me.

Something that I used a lot for my game's scenes are the Scenes, in which I create around 4 or 5 and called them like: Game, Credits, Instructions, Intro, etc. And then play them in a logical order.

Now, something that I have seen a lot is not the use of Scenes, but the use of frames. Is there any difference in this? I heard that using Scenes will slow down the game? I always used it and never happen that. What do you think??

Thanks so much !!

Success with courage,

José Eduardo Terán

Project Management & Game Programming. DSK International Campus

Indie Game Developer
Google + Account

Sponsor:

#2 JETeran   Members   -  Reputation: 280

0Likes

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:31 PM

Hello everybody.

For those who has the same question as I do, I found some useful articles on the internet. I concluded that using frames is much better than using scenes. Maybe you can use an extra scene for the preloader object, but still you can make it in the first frame. Read here:

https://www.mochimedia.com/community/forum/topic/do-you-use-flash-scenes

Happy coding everyone !!

Success with courage,

José Eduardo Terán

Project Management & Game Programming. DSK International Campus

Indie Game Developer
Google + Account

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS