• Create Account

Interested in a FREE copy of HTML5 game maker Construct 2?

We'll be giving away three Personal Edition licences in next Tuesday's GDNet Direct email newsletter!

Sign up from the right-hand sidebar on our homepage and read Tuesday's newsletter for details!

Advanced Animation eBooks or Tutorials

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 alirakiyan   Members   -  Reputation: 145

0Likes

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:32 PM

hi
can any one help me to find some eBooks or tutorials on advanced animation techniques?
headers like Layered animation , blending , mixing , procedural animation , morphing , and ...
thanks.
something like Advanced animation with directx 8 (Jim Adams).

Edited by alirakiyan, 10 August 2012 - 11:33 PM.

Sponsor:

#2 alirakiyan   Members   -  Reputation: 145

0Likes

Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:38 AM

excuse me. but 'bump!'

#3 Memories are Better   Prime Members   -  Reputation: 769

1Likes

Posted 11 August 2012 - 05:16 PM

I am going to take a rough guess and say you want something DirectX related.

Theres http://www.amazon.co...44725000&sr=1-1 this book is both good and bad. For me I used it as theory only, the code sadly never worked but this seemed to only affect me, no matter what it was done in C# / C++ the results were always a bad render for anything other than the encoded X files they gave and the book doesnt explain outside DX9 helper methods all that well either.

Theres also the DX SDK examples, but they arent all that thoroughly explained and usually focus on other areas (instancing, multi-animation etc), but there is enough examples to work with (that do work too), you could use the book above to understand the methods and where to use, but use the code in the SDK examples.

Another option is to take advantage of DX10/11 which may seem like a bad idea at first since you lose your helper methods from DX9, but it means you can directly make use of theoretical books which in my opinion are so much more easier to work with when you are designing your own animation library

Theres http://www.amazon.co...=dp_ob_title_bk which is the latest edition, I have only read the second edition which explains a lot of key areas of animation and other stuff really nicely. I am not even sure what procedural animation is tbh it may go by a different name in the book, but the other sections are certainly covered. The book ofc doesnt explain from a DX point of view but all the functions, formulas and theory can be applied, theres some C examples you can use though

PS. I personally did not like the helper methods in DX9 and found it harder to understand animation, things just seemed to make more sense when I worked with the mathematical theory and DX10

Edited by Dynamo_Maestro, 11 August 2012 - 05:22 PM.

#4 alirakiyan   Members   -  Reputation: 145

0Likes

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:33 PM

Another option is to take advantage of DX10/11 which may seem like a bad idea at first since you lose your helper methods from DX9, but it means you can directly make use of theoretical books which in my opinion are so much more easier to work with when you are designing your own animation library

PS. I personally did not like the helper methods in DX9 and found it harder to understand animation, things just seemed to make more sense when I worked with the mathematical theory and DX10

thanks.
you are right.
I think DX9 helper functions were not so useful.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS