Shinobi Realm

Started by
7 comments, last by Daaark 11 years, 8 months ago
I'll admit. The other project pitches were a bad idea to start with. But I will say this, Me and my friend Tnec Priv are working on a game called, Shinobi Realm. It is a game solely based on the Naruto Shippuden series. It features customizable characters and an open world to explore. Because it is an MMORPG, you can play with your friends online. It is being made with the Unity 3D Engine. Support us at Indiegogo. A youtube video showing the alpha gameplay is available to view at
Advertisement
Two very inexperienced kids asking people for money to work on a project they don't own the IP rights for is also a bad idea. This is also your dozenth clone game idea in a month.
@Daaark For your information, We're not kids. Second of all, We have experience and resources, and we intend to change the models to original models. Finally, This ain't no clone. In conclusion, If you ain't got nothing nice to say, don't post.

It is a game solely based on the Naruto Shippuden series
[/quote]

You need permission for that.
[size="1"]I don't suffer from insanity, I'm enjoying every minute of it.
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

You need permission for that.
[/quote] We will change the content so that it is all original.
In conclusion, If you ain't got nothing nice to say, don't post.[/quote]

If you post your material in a public forum, then you open your self to criticism from others . If you don't want to here anything negative, then either post on your own site or post material that doesn't deserve fair criticism. I'm sorry to say, but Daaark's comments are pretty valid. Even if you're not a kid, your posting history comes across as if you are.

@Daaark For your information, We're not kids. Second of all, We have experience and resources, and we intend to change the models to original models. Finally, This ain't no clone. In conclusion, If you ain't got nothing nice to say, don't post.

You ARE a bunch of inexperienced kids. Your publicly available profile says you just got out of high school in 2008. You should be about 22ish.

You DO make a new clone project and throw it up on IndieGogo seemingly every 5 days. Also clearly visible in your recent topics listing. You either get stuck and drop a project, or you get bored easily. Either way, you can't finish anything.

If you had resources, like a job, you wouldn't need to start fundraisers to beg people with jobs for trivial bits of money every time you started a project on a whim. What are 2 guys going to do with a paltry $30,000 to run an MMORPG? Just licensing all your software will eat up close to half of that. Then you need to rent a data center, and lawyers, etc...

---

You're already into Unity. Why not do something sensible, like make some small mobile games for iOS and Android?
@LennyLen Ok I understand. @Daaark I CAN finish things. The reason I post projects is to see if people take a liking to them. We all have to start somehow, and right now I cannot get a job because I don't have a college degree, which most jobs require. College is expensive. True I am inexperienced, but what I just said is the hard truth for me. I guess you don't know it, but I have Aspergers. And do not tell disability excuses are worn-out. You don't know what it is like having a disability. I try and try to make a name for myself, but the world is cold, hard and mean. So give me a break, why don't you!?
If you can finish something, then do it. Posting on a funding page asking for money for a project you know won't last the week is very dishonest, and embarrassing (both to you, and to the community as a whole).

Nothing stopping you from getting a job. Go flip burgers and save money up to acquire the things you need. Then go to college.
Honestly, your approach of announcing "clone based on XYZ" is not very wise. You are openly admitting that you are consciously and willingly infringing copyright. There are companies that make their living from nothing but searching the web for that kind of thing. Even deleting your post now will not change this, as googlebot has picked up and archived this page minutes after you posted.
Whether changing models and tweaking some other things is "sufficient" is highly doubtable, since you openly admitted that you were basing the game on that franchise and only intended to change enough to get off the hook.

If you actually do finish this project, the best thing to happen to you will be Shueisha or Viz Media sending you a cease and desist letter, for which you will pay the fees (between 500 and 2,000 in currency, depending on where you live).

The worst thing will be that either after you have made some noticeable money (if you ever do, doubtful) or immediately after launch one of the above will ask 25 million dollars in damages. For whatever reason, copyright infringment, tortious interference with a product of their own, or both, take your pick.
Even if a court would maybe (unlikely) rule that "slightly differently looking chi-power ninjas" is sufficiently different from Naruto Shippuden, then still paying your lawyer will eat up the $30,000 that you own (and anything else you own).

All in all, Daaark may not have chosen the most diplomatic or even friendly way of telling you, but he's exactly on spot with his facts. Just, forget it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement