• Create Account

C# Rendering Video from external thread using LibVlc

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Krum110487   Members   -  Reputation: 110

0Likes

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:43 AM

Ok, I am new to openGL.

I am having a hard time figuring out what the best method is for rendering a video in 3D space.

I am using C# as my development because I only really want to focus on Windows for now and it is great for quick prototyping...anyway.

I am using OpenTK which is essentially the same as openGL (if you didn't already know), so information on either would be great.

I am using VLC so any file type can be supported.

Currently I have this code:
[source lang="csharp"]IMediaPlayerFactory factory = new MediaPlayerFactory();IVideoPlayer player = player = factory.CreatePlayer<IVideoPlayer>();IMedia media = factory.CreateMedia<IMedia>(@"C:\test.flv");IMemoryRenderer memRender = player.CustomRenderer;memRender.SetCallback(delegate(Bitmap frame){ //This is my callback, so every frame for VLC code call this. //This code should lock and update the texture (unsure if it is needed to lock)});memRender.SetFormat(new BitmapFormat(300, 300, ChromaType.RV24));player.Open(media);player.Play();[/source]

would it be better to render in the Callback?
or during the render loop?

I have tried everything and searched the net for ideas to get the bitmap from the video to the texture, but I haven't been successful, I know the bitmap is correct, because I wrote code to output it, so it is rendering, I just can't get OpenTK to generate the texure and load it onto the screen.

I want the focus to be on speed.

any help is appreciated, thanks!

Sponsor:

#2 Krum110487   Members   -  Reputation: 110

0Likes

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:24 PM

I am only double posting because I solved this, and I figured if anyone was curious, they would like to know.

Instead of a call back, which can be called at any time (which I assume will mostly be AFTER a frame is rendered and before it is cleared, thus not rendering, I used this in my render loop.

if(player.IsPlaying)
			{
				Bitmap bitmap = memRender.CurrentFrame;
				BitmapData data = bitmap.LockBits(new Rectangle(0, 0, bitmap.Width, bitmap.Height),
					ImageLockMode.ReadOnly, System.Drawing.Imaging.PixelFormat.Format32bppArgb);
				GL.TexImage2D(TextureTarget.Texture2D, 0, PixelInternalFormat.Rgba, data.Width, data.Height, 0,
					OpenTK.Graphics.OpenGL.PixelFormat.Bgra, PixelType.UnsignedByte, data.Scan0);
				bitmap.UnlockBits(data);
				bitmap.Dispose();
			}
			base.OnRenderFrame(e);

it is playing the video just fine, although I am not sure how to handle multiple textures yet.

also is there a more efficient way of doing this?

Edited by Krum110487, 13 August 2012 - 06:26 PM.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS