• Create Account

FREE SOFTWARE GIVEAWAY

We have 4 x Pro Licences (valued at $59 each) for 2d modular animation software Spriter to give away in this Thursday's GDNet Direct email newsletter.

Read more in this forum topic or make sure you're signed up (from the right-hand sidebar on the homepage) and read Thursday's newsletter to get in the running!

Anyone happen to know why model switches to another model?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 SIC Games   Members   -  Reputation: 617

0Likes

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:55 PM

Does anyone know why when importing a new mesh - the original model would switch to the newer one? I created a ID, Name to ensure they were diffferent inside the level editor. I'm using a TreeView Form Control to import the mesh. Inside the native Mesh class as Kuno's suggested I created methods for positioning, rotation, getting world matrix.

So, just picture this for a second - tree view shows content meshes. Clicking one content mesh with right mouse button - pops up context menu. Context menu says, "add to Scene." Once clicked, this sends it to the view port. Awesome, right? Great, now imagine clicking on another file within the Treeview and adding the new mesh in viewport...Oh no, it replaces the mesh with the new mesh.

So, my question is this...How do i just keep on adding more and more meshes into the level? Do I vector a list? Do I vector list or store into a collection of what's already inside the viewport?

Thanks. I ask questions because this is how a student learns, right? Luke Skywalker asked a lot of questions with Yoda...It's not the other way around is it?

Game Engine's WIP Videos - http://www.youtube.com/sicgames88

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS