• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Game Editor

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
6 replies to this topic

#1 VitaliBR   Members   -  Reputation: 147

0Likes

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:16 AM

I wonder how Unity works in relation to select the "Sphere" and hit her in the scene and create a sphere, where it adds this "class" sphere to a list of objects in the scene? (I believe that the sphere inherits from a class "Object" for example)
and another question is, how the "play" it? after I add a floor and a sphere in the scene, I would like to give to build a play or he manages the game itself and not the "scene editable" which is seen in the Engine Editor.

Do not know if I was very clear, I wrapped myself up to try to mount the doubt

Sorry my poor English :(

Sponsor:

#2 VitaliBR   Members   -  Reputation: 147

0Likes

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:43 PM

Anyone? :(

Any article, book or tutorial to guide me?

#3 MrDaaark   Members   -  Reputation: 3555

0Likes

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:55 PM

Can you be a little more clear? It's very hard to understand exactly what you mean.

#4 VitaliBR   Members   -  Reputation: 147

0Likes

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:05 PM

Can you be a little more clear? It's very hard to understand exactly what you mean.

Ok, sorry again (my poor english)

I wonder how the backend code on a game editor (with engine), when you add a cube in the scene.

(For example, there is a list / stack "objects" in the scene?)

And another doubt is, as the executable is generated from a scene (make in the game editor) so that a player can play it without having to open the game editor.

#5 MrDaaark   Members   -  Reputation: 3555

1Likes

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:16 PM

Yes. You should simply be able to add the cube, and it's related objects(collision shapes, etc...) to the scene structure. This is normal, and something a game can do several times a frame (depending on the overhead).

Products like Unity usually don't compile a unique executable. The unique assets are bundled with a copy of the standalone player.exe, which is renamed to match the project name.

#6 VitaliBR   Members   -  Reputation: 147

0Likes

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:29 PM

Yes. You should simply be able to add the cube, and it's related objects(collision shapes, etc...) to the scene structure. This is normal, and something a game can do several times a frame (depending on the overhead).

Products like Unity usually don't compile a unique executable. The unique assets are bundled with a copy of the standalone player.exe, which is renamed to match the project name.

Do you know any article / book or tutorial that talks about?

#7 MrDaaark   Members   -  Reputation: 3555

0Likes

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:35 PM

Not off the top of my head, but there are plenty of books about Engine Design.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS