• Create Account

FREE SOFTWARE GIVEAWAY

We have 4 x Pro Licences (valued at $59 each) for 2d modular animation software Spriter to give away in this Thursday's GDNet Direct email newsletter.

Read more in this forum topic or make sure you're signed up (from the right-hand sidebar on the homepage) and read Thursday's newsletter to get in the running!

[Need helps] setting requirements for 3ds max animtion -> game engine

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 chronos.overlord   Members   -  Reputation: 102

0Likes

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:49 AM

Hi everybody !
I'm Cuong, a student ( game graphic designer ).

I can make animation , and render cartoon, video clips ; but our project in class required me some extra skills. We're going to make a 3d game in 1.5 month. The thing i want to know is what settings required in 3ds max before export animation file ( FBX ) for game engine ( XNA ) to run.

My friend use biped to make a skeleton and the engine open it right.
But i think some objects ( like creature have many legs , many wings ) that we must create custom bone ( from geometry ). Then i create a custom bone ( from geometry ) -> make it bone ( select bones -> bone edit mode -> bone on ) ---> add hierarchy ( by linking ) -> add skin modifier -> refine envelope -> make a simple animation --> then select bones and mesh --> export selected --> FBX .

The skeleton is very simple :
Posted Image

The XNA engine throw out a problem message : "can't find skeleton"

Here is the FBX and MAX file : http://www.mediafire.com/?h02vg7nmfoe8ji9

My other question is : how to name a sequense in 3ds max ? I play with warcraft 3's models and i see they have all the animation sequence ( like death, run , fight , spell...etc ) in one file. Each sequence have a range and a name. How can i do that in max then export a FBX file contain that informations ?

And my final question is : when i play with the animation / bone in 3ds max , i want to make a custom bone that work like a biped.
In this picture : a simple skeleton that have a root, 2 arm , 1 torso, 1 head. ( all bone created from geometry and turn "bone : on" in bone edit mode ). I only give them hierarchy affect to move.

Posted Image

When i move the arm to right : the bone is move along like this

Posted Image

The result i want is like the biped : when i move the arm to left, the arm will "rotate" it and its child to upper left , not move the father bone.
Please forgive my bad English (^v^)o , i sincerely thanks for your helps. Plz, i google my ass off a day but i don't find any tutorial about animation-game engine field.

Sponsor:

#2 Sandman   Moderators   -  Reputation: 2136

0Likes

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:56 AM

This looks like it might be better placed in the Visual Arts forum.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS