• Create Account

Triangle look weird when part of it is off screen?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 Electron   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 11 October 2001 - 04:49 AM

Hi! I''m having quite a problem. When i render a triangle with one of it''s vertexes off the screen, the color on that vertex become random. (!) Is there a bug, or did i miss something? glBegin(GL_TRIANGLES); glColor3f(1.0f,1.0f,1.0f); glVertex3f(0.0f,0.0f,0.0f); glVertex3f(40.0f,0.0f,0.0f); glVertex3f(0.0f,3.0f,0.0f); glEnd(); Electron

"64 kb of memory ought to be enough for anybody-Bill gates -89

Sponsor:

#2 Anonymous Poster_Anonymous Poster_*   Guests   -  Reputation:

Posted 11 October 2001 - 12:12 PM

quote:
Original post by Electron

When i render a triangle with one of it''s vertexes off the screen, the color on that vertex become random. (!)

May sounds stupid but... How can you actually see the color on that vertex is weird if it''s OFF screen ?

#3 Anonymous Poster_Anonymous Poster_*   Guests   -  Reputation:

Posted 11 October 2001 - 03:15 PM

quote:

May sounds stupid but... How can you actually see the color on that vertex is weird if it''s OFF screen ?

You see the weird colour interpolated over the triangle...

Electron: Do you have a Voodoo2 ? Or a Voodoo3 under WinNT ? The effect you described is a known bug of V2 drivers (all OS''s) and V3 drivers (NT only). It''s in the 2D clipping code.

If you have another gfx card, then forget about that...
But it might still be a driver issue. Try with the M$ software driver, if it works, then it''s a driver problem.

- AH

#4 Electron   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 11 October 2001 - 08:52 PM

OHH!! Thank you! I just upgraded my 3dfx drivers, and now it works perfectly!! (Yes i have a voodoo3 card =)

Thanks!

Electron

"64 kb of memory ought to be enough for anybody-Bill gates -89

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS