Triangle look weird when part of it is off screen?

Started by
2 comments, last by Electron 22 years, 6 months ago
Hi! I''m having quite a problem. When i render a triangle with one of it''s vertexes off the screen, the color on that vertex become random. (!) Is there a bug, or did i miss something? glBegin(GL_TRIANGLES); glColor3f(1.0f,1.0f,1.0f); glVertex3f(0.0f,0.0f,0.0f); glVertex3f(40.0f,0.0f,0.0f); glVertex3f(0.0f,3.0f,0.0f); glEnd(); Electron

"64 kb of memory ought to be enough for anybody-Bill gates -89

--Electron"The truth can be changed simply by the way you accept it.""'General failure trying to read from file' - who is General Failure, and why is he reading my file??"
Advertisement
quote:Original post by Electron

When i render a triangle with one of it''s vertexes off the screen, the color on that vertex become random. (!)

May sounds stupid but... How can you actually see the color on that vertex is weird if it''s OFF screen ?

quote:
May sounds stupid but... How can you actually see the color on that vertex is weird if it''s OFF screen ?

You see the weird colour interpolated over the triangle...

Electron: Do you have a Voodoo2 ? Or a Voodoo3 under WinNT ? The effect you described is a known bug of V2 drivers (all OS''s) and V3 drivers (NT only). It''s in the 2D clipping code.

If you have another gfx card, then forget about that...
But it might still be a driver issue. Try with the M$ software driver, if it works, then it''s a driver problem.

- AH

OHH!! Thank you! I just upgraded my 3dfx drivers, and now it works perfectly!! (Yes i have a voodoo3 card =)

Thanks!

Electron

"64 kb of memory ought to be enough for anybody-Bill gates -89

--Electron"The truth can be changed simply by the way you accept it.""'General failure trying to read from file' - who is General Failure, and why is he reading my file??"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement