• Create Account

With what should I start?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic

#1 Marc255   Members   -  Reputation: 102

0Likes

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:35 AM

Hey guys, I'm new to this but I really want to program my own game. I know this is very difficult and time intense.
And there are tons of tutorials out there on the internet and so I don't know how to start. What language should I use as beginner? How can I learn best?
I once started programming with Objective- C on iPhone using Apple's Xcode but that wasn't mine. Not the language but the fact that i have to do it for an mobile phone.
And i hate playing games on iPhone. I would really appreciate it if you can help me with my questions.
Marc

Sponsor:

#2 Kheyas   Members   -  Reputation: 179

0Likes

Posted 19 August 2012 - 11:14 AM

As a beginner I recommend that you start with c# and continue with XNA. There's the MSDN to help you with programming in general and the community for both. You can get to making games in no time.

#3 Marc255   Members   -  Reputation: 102

0Likes

Posted 19 August 2012 - 11:28 AM

As a beginner I recommend that you start with c# and continue with XNA. There's the MSDN to help you with programming in general and the community for both. You can get to making games in no time.

okay I will get a closer view to C# in the next week, my computer is disabled at the moment :/ Thanks for your reply.
But how do I start?

Edited by Marc255, 19 August 2012 - 03:06 PM.

#4 Jebbs   Members   -  Reputation: 280

0Likes

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:47 PM

One of the coolest things about C#/XNA is that there are TONS of tutorials and examples on the web for pretty much anything you will want to do in/with a game.

Like Kheyas said, MSDN and the XNA community are good places to go when you have questions.

For example, this is something from the MSDN site and should answer a lot of your very basic questions!

#5 Marc255   Members   -  Reputation: 102

0Likes

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:35 PM

One of the coolest things about C#/XNA is that there are TONS of tutorials and examples on the web for pretty much anything you will want to do in/with a game.

Like Kheyas said, MSDN and the XNA community are good places to go when you have questions.

For example, this is something from the MSDN site and should answer a lot of your very basic questions!

But how can i ask quiestions if i dont know anything about it? How can i start without knowing anything about C#

#6 AdrianC   Members   -  Reputation: 602

0Likes

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:58 PM

Just grab a C# book for beginners, or find a tutorial series on C#. Try to find a book that provides assignments. Do those assignments, create a few programs. Once you're comfortable with it start with XNA.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS