• Create Account

cuda test algorithm

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 giugio   Members   -  Reputation: 209

0Likes

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:34 AM

hello.
I'm creating a cuda algorithm that begins with a series of vertexes and for each vertex i wish find the two nearest vertexes.
I'm trying to process all vertexes in parallel for find a performant algorithm.
This is my first project in cuda.
what method you advice to me?
thanks.

Sponsor:

#2 TheAsterite   Members   -  Reputation: 159

0Likes

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:45 PM

I believe this mini project is a little more complicated then you think. I'd suggest for your first project in cuda, start simple, then move on from there. There's a ton you need to learn like blocks, threads, indexes, shared local memory, and a ton of other stuff. First thing I'd suggest trying is take a large array of numbers and first increment all the elements by 1 and print them out. Second thing is add all the elements together and come up with a sum. There's many different techniques of doing this.

Edit: Also if you want it to be efficient, you'll need to use techniques such as loop unrolling, because it looks like in serial code, it would be a nested loop. So you should also look at loop unrolling.

Edited by TheAsterite, 20 August 2012 - 06:52 PM.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS