• Create Account

Building the SDK

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 s33d   Members   -  Reputation: 120

0Likes

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:06 AM

I'm trying to build the Unofficial SDK (in Windows) so I can start playing around. I was able to use premake to generate the makefiles, but running make itself is giving me issues.

First, just running "make" in the gl_sdk directory does me 0 good. It says "cc" is not a recognized command, so I force it to gcc by typing "make MINGW=1 CC=gcc". That starts the build well enough, but I get this error once the glimg build starts, stopping the entire process:

In file included from ../glload/include/glload/gl_4_2_comp.hpp:5,
from ../glload/include/glload/gl_all.hpp:8,
from source/TextureGenerator.cpp:7:
../glload/include/glload/_int_gl_exts.hpp:3037: error: integer constant is too large for "long"type

I'm pretty sure I must have done something wrong, unless whoever made the sdk really screwed up the C++ file.

Edited by s33d, 21 August 2012 - 04:07 AM.

Sponsor:

#2 Goran Milovanovic   Members   -  Reputation: 1104

0Likes

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:18 AM

Well, by just reading the error, I would say that the integer constant specified on line 3037, in file _int_gl_exts.hpp is too large for the "long" type.

In other words, I don't know, but I don't think you need the SDK in order to start learning OpenGL. Actually, it's probably better if you don't use the SDK, and learn a little more by writing your own (small) OpenGL foundation library.

+---------------------------------------------------------------------+

| Game Dev video tutorials  ->   http://www.youtube.com/goranmilovano |
+---------------------------------------------------------------------+

#3 s33d   Members   -  Reputation: 120

0Likes

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:46 AM

The tutorials I use require the sdk, and I agree wholeheartedly with the tools the sdk provides. I know what the error means--it's just that I'm having a hard time believing that they screwed up integer typing, especially since a Google search shows nobody else has had this problem. The only fix I see involves editing the code which I would like to avoid at all costs--changing a single variable type could cause all sorts of cascading issues, and I would rather not deal with that.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS