• Create Account

Titlescreen Art ( want opinions )

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
26 replies to this topic

#1 riuthamus   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4298

5Likes

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:01 AM

Posted Image

Just wanted to see what your thoughts were, and go from there. Thanks in advance.

Sponsor:

#2 Firestryke31   Members   -  Reputation: 350

2Likes

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:57 AM

I think it looks very decent. A couple of major games off the top of my head that have similar title styles are Skyrim and Guild Wars 2, and I can see it fitting right in with them.

#3 riuthamus   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4298

0Likes

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:21 AM

Thanks, i didnt have anything in mind in general other than the sci-fi white/grey look... although the game is medival so I added the clouds to bring in a grain effect. I am debating on adding in some particles that would spawn from the lower left and float up like fire spakrs to the center.

#4 simondid   Members   -  Reputation: 190

1Likes

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:26 AM

looks realy nice :)
but are you going to add any more text ??

#5 riuthamus   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4298

0Likes

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:07 PM

Yes, there would be the menu text on the left, and the currently selected character will be on the right. Again, more or less a test demo to get the reactions of people and see if it is too generic or.. if it is just right.

#6 simondid   Members   -  Reputation: 190

2Likes

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:34 PM

cut be nice to see it with just the menu text :)

#7 GameCreator   Members   -  Reputation: 656

2Likes

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:44 PM

Reminds me of the Assassin's Creed title screen.

#8 riuthamus   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4298

2Likes

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:36 PM

Posted Image

Added the particles ( what they should look like ) as well as a demo of the character.

Edited by riuthamus, 22 August 2012 - 10:36 PM.

#9 rinkans   Members   -  Reputation: 116

1Likes

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:08 AM

Looks cool.

#10 Murdocki   Members   -  Reputation: 274

1Likes

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:46 AM

looks very clean and the particles should be awesome in movement.
Only 1 comment, not sure if it's intended but the depth seems to be missing from the clouds.

#11 riuthamus   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4298

0Likes

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:51 AM

what would you suggest to fix that?

#12 Mussi   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1687

0Likes

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:38 AM

I think you've already done this a little in your last picture, but some mist/clouds floating in front of the character might look nice and give it some depth. Looks great so far!

#13 Murdocki   Members   -  Reputation: 274

3Likes

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:30 AM

light really helps bring structure in clouds. Depending on what you are aiming for these images may give you some ideas:

cloud roof
high contrast
no ground reference (also birds!)
internal light source (lightning)

These examples have higher contrast though so that might distract the user from the more important parts like menu items and character.

#14 Hamsta   Members   -  Reputation: 818

3Likes

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:33 AM

I think the white V doesn't have enough contrast with the background.
Displays are all calibrated differently, and you'd want it to appear as close to what you wanted on all of them, so I would address that.
Making the background clouds a darker grey is probably how I would go, would make the character pop out more too, and maybe add a lighting effect to the V, i.e. god rays. That might not actually work, but gotta try it out to really say.
Itamar Reiner: Self Financed Concept Artist http://www.hamsta180.com

#15 riuthamus   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4298

0Likes

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:30 PM

light really helps bring structure in clouds. Depending on what you are aiming for these images may give you some ideas:

cloud roof
high contrast
no ground reference (also birds!)
internal light source (lightning)

These examples have higher contrast though so that might distract the user from the more important parts like menu items and character.

Ah.. yes... I know what you mean, i will play around with the concept but the only light source is from the far left... so such a variant would not exist. This is not clouds you would find in the sky so you do not have light from above as well as below.

#16 3Ddreamer   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2902

1Likes

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:54 PM

Looks nice!

I would make the title block a bit larger so the words in the small print are easy to read, but it may be a matter of preference or perhaps they look large enough once the screen in in front of you.

3Ddreamer

Edited by 3Ddreamer, 23 August 2012 - 02:55 PM.

Personal life and your private thoughts always effect your career. Research is the intellectual backbone of game development and the first order. Version Control is crucial for full management of applications and software.  The better the workflow pipeline, then the greater the potential output for a quality game.  Completing projects is the last but finest order.

by Clinton, 3Ddreamer

#17 MrDaaark   Members   -  Reputation: 3535

0Likes

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:44 PM

The V blends in too much. The shades are so close that it makes the whole image seem (to my eyes) like there is a bloom filter on it, even though there isn't. I suggest black or dark grey. Otherwise, it looks great.

#18 riuthamus   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4298

0Likes

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:02 PM

I will mess with the cloud contrast a bit and see what I can gather.

#19 riuthamus   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4298

1Likes

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:41 AM

Posted Image

This is the changes that people asked for... let me know if you like them.

#20 Mito   Members   -  Reputation: 807

1Likes

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:40 AM

I liked the recolor of the V, but have you tried a golden color? I think it could fit here in place of the blue...

as for the particles, are you trying to simulate fire or ash? i think they really look like ash coming from a fire, it's a really cool effect.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS