• Create Account

windows kits 8.0 crash with dxsdk june 2010

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 afraidofdark   Members   -  Reputation: 242

0Likes

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:29 PM

I get warnings like this

c:\program files (x86)\microsoft directx sdk (june 2010)\include\dxgitype.h(12): warning C4005: 'DXGI_STATUS_OCCLUDED' : macro redefinition
3> C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.0\Include\shared\winerror.h(49449) : see previous definition of 'DXGI_STATUS_OCCLUDED'
3>c:\program files (x86)\microsoft directx sdk (june 2010)\include\dxgitype.h(13): warning C4005: 'DXGI_STATUS_CLIPPED' : macro redefinition
3> C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.0\Include\shared\winerror.h(49458) : see previous definition of 'DXGI_STATUS_CLIPPED'

And I found a topic about this error:
http://social.msdn.m...4-0a49bb63d09f/

many people say I should exclude directx sdk june 2010 path from include paths of the project but doing so generates errors.

I include these headers

#include <d3d11.h>
#include <d3dx11.h>
#include <DxErr.h>
#include <d3dcompiler.h>
#include <DXGI.h>
#include <xnamath.h>

how should be the new configuration ? does anyone encounter this problem and solve it nicely ?
www.lostchamber.com

Sponsor:

#2 Ripiz   Members   -  Reputation: 529

1Likes

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:26 PM

Visual Studio 2012 comes together with DirectX; to be more precise, now it's part of Windows SDK. Microsoft decided they're too close to be separated.

d3dx11.h has been deprecated and removed, so whatever you used from it you'll have to make on your own (most likely that'll be texture loading).

#3 Jason Z   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 5300

1Likes

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:28 PM

You should also take a look at the following blog, which has covered most of the topics that you are encountering: Chuck's blog. There are open source solutions out there that can replace most of the functionality that is lost with the D3DX libraries, but it takes some time to figure out how to get everything up and running.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS