• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

VC++ Redist - msvcr100.dll is missing

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Nexian   Members   -  Reputation: 118

0Likes

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:39 PM

Hello,

I am hoping this will be a simple oversight on my side. I am just looking to get my program running on a separate computer with VC runtime stuff and directX libraries present by default.

I am using Visual C++ Express, so I have already given up hope on a nice, simple installer and am currently just manually installing the redists for both VC++ and DirectX

Right now I have two folders:

FOLDER: "vcredist_x86"
CONTENTS:
en -> package.xml
product.xml
vcredist_x86.exe

The above folder is taken from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v8.0A\Bootstrapper\Packages\vcredist_x86" (I also take the x64 version just in case).

FOLDER: DxRedist (just my own folder)
CONTENTS:
Aug2009_d3dx9_42_x64.cab
Aug2009_d3dx9_42_x86.cab
DSETUP.dll
dsetup32.dll
dxdllreg_x86.cab
DXSETUP.exe
dxupdate.cab

The above is what I am using for my directx redist.

Both the above redist components come from the computer I am using to create and run the current program.

Once I run both these setups on the separate computer, however, I get the message that msvcr100.dll is missing. Is there something I am not including in these redist files? (the VC++ one especially since that's where my problem is. I am mostly just posting the DX one to be sure it's correct)

Edited by Nexian, 22 August 2012 - 01:22 PM.

Sponsor:

#2 Nexian   Members   -  Reputation: 118

0Likes

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:59 PM

Hurra. Apparently it was a dumb issue.

The redist I have is for the 11 beta for VC++ and apparently that doesn't include the msvcr100.dll?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS