• Create Account

Writing a Chess Program with graphic help

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Susano'o   Members   -  Reputation: 103

0Likes

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:33 PM

I was wondering if you guys know some tutorials on here about writing a chess program? I want to write one that has the chess board and pieces.

Edited by Susano'o, 23 August 2012 - 08:01 PM.

Sponsor:

#2 Álvaro   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 13331

1Likes

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:21 PM

There are two separate parts: Writing a chess GUI and writing a chess engine. There is a lot of information out there on how to write a chess engine (The Chess Programming Wiki is a good start). Writing a GUI is not very different than any other kind of GUI programming, so I don't think you are going to find a specific tutorial about it.

#3 Susano'o   Members   -  Reputation: 103

0Likes

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:15 AM

There are two separate parts: Writing a chess GUI and writing a chess engine. There is a lot of information out there on how to write a chess engine (The Chess Programming Wiki is a good start). Writing a GUI is not very different than any other kind of GUI programming, so I don't think you are going to find a specific tutorial about it.

Do you any books or tutorial that teach you have to program a chess game. I also want to write a program in android in about 3.5 months. And tutorials would be nice.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS