• Create Account

Lib file "unrecognised or unsupported binary format"

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 Blessman11   Members   -  Reputation: 110

0Likes

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:46 PM

What does it mean when a lib file is in an "unrecognised or unsupported binary format"? I'm trying to create a lib file and for my little engine for my project and this error is halting it back.

Plus how easy is it to create a DLL in GCC, then link the DLL via a static library? Any good tutorial/documentation on that would be appreciated if I can't get visual studio to work. (Plus I'm having issues with the RC, processional edition for students which isn't supporting c++ projects at all.)

Additional notes:
I'm learning from the "3D Game Engine Programming" book by Stephan Zerbst, his examples are prior 2005 thus Dx9 or lower. I think it might be an issue but to say that a lib file is unsupported seems strange when its being generated by VS2010 it self. I up converted the project and sorted various dependencies aside from the current odd phenomena which I can't understand.

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS