About Guts: Guts is a Diablo Tactics smashup set in a post-apocalyptic wasteland. Chris and I started development six months ago with the intent of exploring what it would take to bring more action and usability to the Tactical RPG genre. We currently have an alpha demo that we think captures the core of our game and the potential it has. You can play it in browser using Unity's web player.
Please don't hesitate to give any feedback.
- Rogue-Like: In GUTS each play-through will be a unique experience where you face different encounters and acquire unique items. We are trying to tap in to the excitement and randomness we love in rogue-likes. All deaths are final.
- Items: We are developing a complex item system where the items you get directly influence how you play and approach the game. Current implemented examples are items that give you knock back, counterattack, chance to cause monster to flee and more!
- Monsters: We plan on having at least 20 monsters and already have a system built to give them unique powers and abilities that make each a unique challenge. For example rats run away when hit and some monsters spawn other monsters when they attack or take damage. Most of these behaviors are component based so we can generate some truly unique enemies!
- Usability: A lot of time and effort has gone into our UI and controls. You can play the game with just your mouse. GUTS will also have a very low financial and technical cost. We want everyone to play our game.
. Although those that do have been giving us good feedback.
- More Heroes
- Boss Battles
- Procedural Generated Maps and Content
- Ultimate Abilities
- Hirelings and Minions
- Story & Treasure Maps
- More Items, Abilites and Monsters!
- Merchants & Gambling
Edited by Steve_Turner, 01 September 2012 - 01:22 PM.